Bed & Breakfast Leeuwendaal has 6 rooms in an authentic Noord-Holland farmhouse. Thanks to its open position in the Purmer polder in the municipality of EDAM-VOLENDAM, the B&B offers tranquillity, space and panoramic views. It is easy to reach and not far from Amsterdam.
All the farm rooms at B&B Leeuwendaal have a shower and toilet and comfortable beds 2.20 metres long. On the ground floor there is a double guest suite, comprising two double rooms with a shared bathroom. Since these rooms form their own unit, they are ideal for groups of friends, grandparents or parents with children. The other four guest rooms are on the first floor.
There is a large living and recreation space with games for young and old, TV and internet. A lavish breakfast is served, including eggs laid by our own hens. The large farmyard, chickens and other farm animals give that little bit extra to your farm stay.
The original house was built by a rich Amsterdam merchant family that wanted to take advantage of its open rural location and proximity to Amsterdam. The family used De Lusthof Leeuwendaal as a summer residence. Our historic farmhouse has been renovated in traditional Dutch style and still contains a Sunday room, the servants' corridor and four romantic alcove box beds.
A day out?
A few suggestions:
- Amsterdam, with museums such as the Stedelijk, the Anne Frank house, the Rijksmuseum, Artis zoo, shops and other possibilities for entertainment
- Historic towns and villages such as Volendam, Edam, Monnickendam and the island of Marken
- The Zaanse Schans
- The North Sea with the beach and dunes
- The IJsselmeer for watersports enthusiasts
- Cycling and walking along the numerous cycle paths and footpaths
Around the farm:
- 'klompengolf' or 'boerengolf'(wooden shoe golf/farmer's golf) in the meadows
- Sitting and daydreaming at the water's edge
- Fishing, lighting fires, pedalos
Whatever your interests, there's something for everyone!